The transfer order contains all the information required to execute the physical transfer of materials into the warehouse and out of the warehouse.
- To create a new transfer order, click on the “New” button and choose the transfer order record type
- Enter the From Channel, Site, Distribution Channel and Address. “From” fields are considered from where the Inventory is requested.
- Enter the To Channel, Site, Distribution Channel and Address.
“To” fields are considered to where the Inventory is sent.
- Select the Active checkbox to make the record active.
- Enter the Requested and Expected Date.
- Save the record.
This scenario describes the Pick Pack Ship process by which transfer orders can be managed. The transfer order Items can be shipped/dispatched using the Pick Pack Ship process.
To make Transfer Order logistics available in Outbound Logistics tab the Transfer Order should be marked as Ready To Pick Pack.
- Click on the Outbound Logistics tab and find the Logistic Orders that are ready to be Picked, Packed and Shipped as shown below.
- From the list of available logistic orders, select the transfer order of interest. Click on “Pick” at the top of the page or below the Action button.
- Select the logistic line items and click the “Pick” button.
- Click the “Pack” tab and enter the package details, select the package list items and click the “Save” button.
- Follow the Pick Pack and Ship process to transfer the stocks from one site to another.
Transfer Orders Through an Inbound Logistics Tab
This scenario describes the putaway process by which transfer orders can be managed. The transfer order logistics can be assigned to particular sites using the putaway option.
Transfer Orders logistics are available in Inbound Logistics when the Transfer Order is marked as Ready To Receive.
- From the list of available transfer orders, select the transfer orders of interest and click on “Receive” at the top of the page or the button that is next to the logistic order. Click the “Save” button to complete the receiving process.
- Select the received transfer order line items and click the “Putaway” button, enter the location and storage bin to be assigned to the inventory product and click the “Save” button.
- Following the putaway process, creating stock inward line items and filling in the other details, such as name, quantity and warehouse, as well as saving the record, will transfer the stocks to the assigned warehouse.